Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Driving Miss, I Mean Mr. Daisy

I'm thankful for my job and the flexibility it allows me. I am able to use my accumulated sick time for me or for members of my family when they have doctors appointments, etc.
Yesterday was one such day.
Because my husband no longer drives, the responsibility to get him to his appointments falls on me. Last time we had a marathon day, where he coordinated 3 such appointments in one day. I took off one full day for that event but this time I only had to take a half day for his dentist appointment.
Because he's dependent on me to drive, he arranged for this follow-up appointment to take care of everything they found at the last appointment.
Which means...
I was there for a long while.
I read through all the newspapers I brought including doing the crossword puzzles and I took a nap.
Exciting times.
Caregiver, wife, transporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment