March 18th, 2016
I was thinking today about a time not too long ago when I decided I wanted to sing more. So I came up with a plan to advertise on Craig's list and see what happened. If it was meant to be it would be. Now granted, as usual, I did not think this whole thing through too much. All I knew was that I was at a point in my life where I wanted to do something that I wanted to do. And singing for pleasure, money or both seemed like a good idea to me.
I got a response pretty quickly from my advertisement and I realized right away that the industry was not like I thought it would be. People apparently have their voices recorded on various aps or what-have-you or are on youtube or some-such-thing. Then an ad like mine would just prompt the interested party to search your name/link etc and give you a listen, and then if interested would go from there. So I asked around a little bit to see if I had access to any of the songs I've sung at church or if there was a way to record my voice for an email attachment or something.
Meanwhile, I shared with my husband my plan, my returned response and my frustration at not having the know-how to get this audio audition out quickly and easily to this interested person. His response annoyed me and reminded me once again that I have MS too.
Before, I couldn't follow through on such ideas because he was jealous of my time, of me.
Then it was, I had the responsibility of the kids.
And now every decision, every thing I want to do has to go through the MS filter. Will it take me away from home too long? Will I be able to do it and still be home to take care of him? Have I considered this or thought of that? Why did I want this?
Seemed like a stupid question to me.
Ho Hum~
Life should be beginning anew at this stage in my life. But instead,
I'm at a standstill.
And so it goes.
Acceptance.
Everything has a reason.
Maybe this is my purpose.
And I should feel blessed and privileged to serve Christ in this way.
"Therefore, I urge you, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship."
~
No comments:
Post a Comment